Another sports related injury?
Not injured… but looking for that special performance edge?
Either way Synergy Physio + Pilates can help.
As weekend warriors we all have those nagging/reoccurring sports injuries: calf tears, shoulder separation, knees pain, groin pulls (ouch!), hamstring tears, tennis elbow and every body part in between. And it doesn’t even have to be an injury that has you seeking treatment. It can be a desire to find that elusive “sweet spot” – the place where everything feels effortless and painless.
It’s what makes us love sport and want to help you regain with our Sports Physiotherapy sessions.
Many factors can make it difficult to get you to where you want to be. Poor technique, movement restrictions and muscle imbalance are often at the root of injuries. Follow this with the potential of a misdiagnosis, which can lead to treatment and exercise progressions that only serve to make matters worse, and you exacerbate the underlying problem. The good news is, Dr. Linda-Joy Lee’s assessment & treatment ConnectTherapy™ model greatly diminishes the possibility of this happening.
Because many of our sports are repetitive in nature, small errors in technique, altered muscle balance or loss of movement options can compound to create nagging problems. Athletes often develop unconscious compensatory strategies to allow them to continue their sport despite unresolved minor injuries. These compensatory strategies may be creating pain, compromising efficiency or limiting power or endurance. Overcoming these issues and rediscovering your “sweet spot” is often a matter of restoring optimal movement patterns and increasing movement options.
Depending on your injury, or reasons for seeking therapy, at Synergy Physio + Pilates our treatment sessions are focused on helping you achieve pain free movement and optimal sport performance. We combine our numerous physiotherapy assessment and treatment tools to identify & treat your “Drivers” – the underlying factors that will unlock your potential – and address the many facets that may be impacting your athletic performance and/or discomfort.
Services may include:
- specific treatment & support to your injured area – including taping and advice on bracing, and tools to support tissue healing
- In-clinic sessions to restore optimal flexibility, control, muscle balance, strength & power
- Sport-specific biomechanical assessments (e.g. biking analysis).
- Clinical Pilates – our ConnectPilates™ sessions are unique as they are designed around your individual Drivers & give your nervous system a novel training environment to facilitate new options
- Preseason Sports Screenings – an individualized program developed for you based on your patterns of weakness, tightness or poor control. This is valuable for athletes looking to correct their “technique challenges”, improve their performance or reduce their risk of injury.